|This is the official website of the Japanese Cognitive Linguistics Association
1. The name of the organization is the Japanese Cognitive Linguistics Association (abbreviated JCLA).
2. The purpose of the organization is to promote research in cognitive linguistics and related disciplines, and to maintain contact and cooperation among its members.
3. In order to achieve its purpose, JCLA engages in the following activities, among others:
1. Publication of the conference handbook and the Papers from the national
conference of the Japanese Cognitive Linguistics Association.
2. Hosting the annual meeting (including presentation of papers, symposia,
4. JCLA has the following three types of membership:
1. Ordinary members: those individuals who have paid the prescribed fee
in support of the purpose of the organization.
2. Student members: those student individuals who have paid the prescribed
fee in support of the purpose of the organization.
3. Supporting members: those individuals or corporations who have paid
the prescribed fee in support of the organization.
5. JCLA members have equal rights to attend the general assembly of the Association, to participate in, and to present their papers at the annual and other academic meetings sponsored by JCLA, and to contribute to, and to have access to, the JCLA publications. The members are also obliged to register themselves and to pay their membership fees.
6. The Board of directors of JCLA consists of the following members:
1. The president, who represents JCLA.
2. The vice president, who in case of necessity supports or substitutes
the president of JCLA.
3. The secretary-general, who supports the president and represents the
business of JCLA.
4. Twenty members of the Board of Directors, who are responsible for
making decisions on the major activities of JCLA.
5. Ten Editorial Committee members, who are responsible for editing the
publications of JCLA.
6. Some committee members who are in charge of the annual meeting of
7. Two auditors, who inspect the activities and accounts of JCLA and
give a report to the Board of Directors.
7. The general assembly of JCLA is held once a year.
8. The business expenses of JCLA are met by the members' fees and other incidental incomes. A report on the accounts of the Association is given once a year at the general assembly.
9. Any change in the Constitution must first be proposed by the Board of Directors and then discussed and approved in the general assembly.
10. The Board of Directors is responsible for implementing this constitution and for establishing whether more detailed provisions might be necessary for the management of the Association and its constituent parts.
(Revised on September 26, 2009)